Sweet Potato Nachos
This wholesome Sweet Potato Nacho recipe is a healthy twist to the traditional Mexican nachos. The sweetness of the potato works perfectly with the spice of the filling. For a healthier option, we've used sweet potato instead of corn chips, Greek yoghurt instead of sour cream and individual spices instead of store bought spice mix.
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 500g mince
- 1 brown onion (diced)
- 1 tin of Black beans
- 1 bottle of tomato passata
- 1 Avocado
- 1 cup of greek yoghurt (alternative to sour cream)
- 1 cup of cheese
- 1 teaspoon of Paprika, Cumin and Coriander Seeds
- 2 gloves of garlic (minced)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon of Olive oil
- Jalapenos or chill flakes
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees and line a large tray or dish with baking paper
- Slice the sweet potatoes into rounds and place them into a medium-sized bowl. Add the olive oil, paprika, salt and pepper and coat the rounds. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan, cook the diced onion, garlic and mince. Once the meat is cooked, add the tin of black beans, tomato passata, paprika, cumin and coriander seeds to the mixture.
- Spread the sweet potato rounds onto the baking paper ensuring there are little or no gaps.
- Spoon the mince mixture onto the rounds and sprinkle the cheese on top.
- Place the nachos into the oven to cook for 10 - 15 minutes or until the cheese has melted.
- Once done, pull the tray out of the oven and top with avocado and Greek yoghurt. Serve immediately!